On Tuesday, July 24 at 11:37 a.m. LAPD revived a call about a possible heroin overdose at Demi Lovato’s Hollywood home. According to TMZ’s audio dispatch recording, Lovato, 25, was unconscious when paramedics arrived. She is now in stable condition.
After arriving at the hospital she was given Narcan, which is used during narcotic overdoses, and is now in recovery.
This incident happened just weeks after she released her newest single, Sober, which discusses her falling back into her habits before she became sober over six years ago.
“Mama, I’m so sorry I’m not sober anymore / And Daddy, please forgive me for the drinks spilled on the floor,” she sings during the chorus of the emotional track. “To the ones who never left me / We’ve been down this road before / I’m so sorry, I’m not sober anymore.”
The former child star, now one of the world most renowned singers, has been honest with her problems with eating disorders, her bi polar diagnosis, and her fights with drugs in the past, which was all discussed in her YouTube documentary, Simply Complicated.
If you or someone you know is struggling with substance abuse, contact the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) National Helpline at 1-800-662-HELP (4357).